Break into the music industry as an audio engineer or music producer with on-the-job training!
One of RRFC’s flagship programs, the Recording Connection offers you the unprecedented opportunity to get your foot in the door of the competitive music industry through an on-the-job apprenticeship (externship) in a real recording studio. Learn the arts of recording, mixing and producing by working one-on-one with a real music producer or audio engineer, combining a structured curriculum with real-world experience assisting on real recording projects. Learn the ins and outs of modern recording techniques by practicing on the actual gear and software used in the studio. Meet and connect with lots of industry professionals by learning on-the-job!
Is Recording Connection for Me?
Who Should Take This Course
The Recording Connection course is perfect for anyone who dreams of breaking into the industry as a music producer, audio engineer, recording engineer, live sound technician, or any of a number of other careers within the music industry. The job possibilities are many within the music business, and we can pair you with a successful working professional who specializes in your field of interest. Here is just a sample of the course concentrations we offer:
- Audio engineering: Train one-on-one with a successful audio engineer to work in any recording studio in the world.
- Music production: Learn to produce your own music, or produce other promising bands and artists.
- Electronic music: Learn to produce EDM, trance, trip-hop, electronica, ambient, jungle, break beat and many other styles.
- Hip-hop production and beat making: Learn to make pro-level beats and produce hip-hop using top software programs like Ableton and FL Studio.
- Composing for film, TV and video games: Discover the wide-open field of composing/producing for media! We'll pair you with a seasoned pro who will show you the secrets.
- Live audio: Meet the challenge of creating great live music experiences as you learn from the best in the business! (Our graduates have gone on to do live audio for superstars like Beyonce!)
- Post-production audio: There's a constant demand in TV, film and media for post-production audio experts! Learn post-production mixing, dialogue editing, voiceover, ADR, SFX, foley and more!
- ...and many others!
Learn Near Where You Live!
Where This School Is Located
The Recording Connection has literally hundreds of locations across the globe. Because of our expansive network of connections with industry professions, and because all training happens on-the-job, we can train you almost anywhere! We are located in every state, and in almost every major city and town across the United States—and even in Canada, the UK and Australia! Regardless of where you live, or where you want to live, we can train you in a real recording studio near you. Click here to find a Recording Connection location near where you live.
Tuition Rates for the Recording Connection
What Does It Cost, and What Do I Get?
You might assume it costs a lot of money to get personalized, one-on-one mentoring from a real industry pro, but in fact the Recording Connection is one of the most affordable training programs available! Our basic program lasts 6-8 months and costs only $8800 for the entire course. This fee is all-inclusive (no hidden fees or costs for books and supplies), and includes the following:
- One-on-one, private instruction from a mentor who works in the industry
- On-the-job training (all classes take place in a real recording studio)
- A comprehensive course curriculum covering all the bases, coupled with lots of hands-on instruction
- Personalized instruction in recording and mixing techniques, including microphone placement, signal flow, analog and digital recording, signal processing, and more
- One-on-one training with Pro Tools and other industry-standard software used in the studio
- A free copy of the latest edition of Pro Tools
- An Mbox that is yours to keep
- Training in business practices such as working with clients and budgets
- Free unlimited tutoring for assignments and projects
- Job preparation and placement assistance for up to a year after graduation
- …and much more!
BASIC (BACHELOR'S EQUIVALENT) AND MASTER'S PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
COMPARE OUR RATES AND SEE!
Hear from our Students and Graduates
Apprentice Success Stories
Every week, the stories pour in from our Recording Connection students about the opportunities they're getting by learning on-the-job: students who are working with major artists, students who are getting album credits, students who are recording and producing their own material, students getting hired by their mentors… We could go on and on, or we could just let you read some of their stories! Click here to read about what our Recording Connection students and graduates are up to!
The Recording Connection is a division of the Recording, Radio, Film and Culinary Connection (RRFC), a trade school based on the mentor-apprentice training approach.