Break into the film industry by training on real film sets and in real production companies!
Imagine if your “film school” took place on the set of actual film productions, learning from the people who make films! With the Film Connection, a division of RRFC, this isn’t a fantasy—it’s how we train our students every day. We offer the opportunity to break into the film industry by training you in the very heart of the action, placing you as a working apprentice (extern) in a real film production company near where you live. Be mentored by actual film professionals who show you the ropes in one-one-one, private sessions. Get real-world experience by getting on the set of actual film productions. Learn the secrets of lighting, camera work, screenwriting, editing and more, by actually participating in these process. Develop your own film idea with the help of an established Hollywood screenwriter, and have the opportunity to pitch that idea in front of actual Los Angeles film industry representatives! Yes—these opportunities are all included in our exclusive Film Connection on-the-job training course, for a fraction of what the average film school costs.
Is the Film Connection for Me?
Who Should Take This Course
The Film Connection course is an excellent program for aspiring producers, screenwriters, directors, film editors, cinematographers, post-production specialists, and virtually anyone else who wants a career within the film and/or television industries. It takes a massive team of professionals to create film and TV productions, from camera operation to production/set design to lighting to makeup to sound to post-production, and much more. This means there are many great career paths from which to choose, and many opportunities for advancement. Our on-the-job training approach gives you the "big picture" so you if you don't know your niche, you can easily find it! And if you do know what you want, we can pair you with a successful mentor who specializes in your area of interest. Here a few current course concentrations offered by the Film Connection:
- Producing/Directing/Screenwriting: The primary aspects of filmmaking, geared for students who want to produce and direct their own films
- Screenwriting curriculum: geared for those who want to specialize in writing screenplays
- Film editing: geared for those who desire to specialize in editing and post production
- Cinematography: geared for those who want to specialize in cinematography, camera operation and other technical aspects of film
Learn Near Where You Live!
Where This School is Located
Many people believe that the best places to learn film are in major industry hubs like Los Angeles or New York—but in a growing global industry, this isn't true anymore. There are many great emerging film hubs all across the country, including hotspots like Atlanta, Austin, Philadelphia, Orlando and many others. In fact, there are successful film and TV professionals in almost every city in almost every state across the country, including right near where you live. Because our training occurs on the job and on the set, the Film Connection has literally hundreds of locations across the nation, which means we can train you in a real production facility near where you live! (Of course, if you want to move to Los Angeles, New York or Atlanta to break into those film industries, we can help you there, too!) Click here to find a Film Connection location near where you live.
Tuition Rates for the Film Connection
What Does It Cost, and What Do I Get?
For one all-inclusive price of $9800 for the entire course, the Film Connection not only gives you a solid comprehensive film school education, but we also offer access unprecedented access to the film industry itself! There are no hidden fees, or additional costs for books and supplies. One tuition rate gets you all of the following:
- One-on-one, private instruction from a mentor who works in the film industry
- Real world training in real film facilities and on the set of actual productions
- A comprehensive course curriculum covering all the bases, coupled with lots of hands-on instruction
- Personalized instruction in the history of film, lighting, camera work, film editing, scriptwriting, budgeting and more
- A screenwriting component with one-on-one remote Skype sessions with an established industry screenwriter
- Training in industry standard film editing programs like Premiere Pro
- Private tutoring to help you prepare your own film idea for pitching to Hollywood
- The opportunity to pitch your film idea to actual Los Angeles film executives upon completion of the program (talk to Student Services for details)
- Job preparation and placement assistance for up to a year after graduation
COMPARE OUR RATES AND SEE!
Apprentice Success Stories
The real proof of the Film Connection program is in the success of our students! Every week we hear great stories from our apprentices about the opportunities they're getting as they learn on-the-job, or the films they're working on, or who they got to meet, or how they got hired by their mentors—the list goes on and on. You can check out some of these great success stories by clicking here!
The Film Connection is a division of the Recording, Radio, Film and Culinary Connection (RRFC), a trade school based on the mentor-apprentice training approach.