Board Operator P/T in San Antonio, TX | Connected Grind Opp
Jan 28, 2017
This job is already filled.
Most jobs in media and the arts: film, radio, music, culinary arts are filled within days of being posted. If you don’t want to miss out on your dream job, contact RRFC.
GRIND OPP #6
Board Operator P/T
Location: San Antonio, TX
Operate control board for studios and remote programming. Regulate program timing. Operate syndicated programming and play commercials.
- Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Support off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Protect station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Monitor and update weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
- Check studio equipment for proper functioning and notify Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screen in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, plus Wide Orbit or similar automation system.
- Must have time management and attention to detail skills and demonstrate an ability to work without close supervision.
- Requires flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends.
- Must function well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands.
- Must work well in a team environment.
Previous Episodes of Connected
- Electronic musicians, DJs and beat-makers
- Runners and assistants
- Aspiring show hosts and more
- Get job tips on all the best jobs and career opportunities
- Get mentored and find out how to get and keep the best gigs in the music and film industry
- Get to know your favorite artists
- Hear industry success and horror stories from the legends inside the business
- Find out real tips to get hired at your dream job