Your voicemail is often the first contact you will receive from a company you’ve applied to. With that in mind here are a few voicemail etiquette tips to help ensure this first impression is a good one:
– Your outgoing message should be short and to the point. (Give your name, ask that the caller leaves a message, and indicate how long it usually takes you to return calls.)
– Your outgoing message is NOT a place to show your creativity. Don’t do it.
– Make absolutely sure your mailbox is not full. If a prospective employer cannot leave a message for you, chances are they will go to the next person on their list.
– Return calls as soon as you can. The fact that a prospective employer took the time to call you means they are interested. Don’t let them lose interest by not returning their call promptly.
Secure Your Invitation To Connected Now
- Electronic musicians, DJs and beat-makers
- Runners and assistants
- Aspiring show hosts and more
- Get job tips on all the best jobs and career opportunities
- Get mentored and find out how to get and keep the best gigs in the music and film industry
- Get to know your favorite artists
- Hear industry success and horror stories from the legends inside the business
- Find out real tips to get hired at your dream job