How Much do Entry Level Media Jobs Pay?
As with much of life, the answer is “It depends.” Pay fluctuates by job position, where in the country the job is located, your skill level and other variables. Here are some starting points:
– Depending on the opportunity, entry level pay can range from 10/hour to 25/hour.
– If you are being hired as an independent contractor and have limited experience, chances are the pay is closer to $10/hour.
– Overtime for employees is usually time-and-a-half, but never assume-ask.
– Overtime for independent contractors/freelancers almost never exists. Again, don’t assume-ask.
Secure Your Invitation To Connected Now
- Electronic musicians, DJs and beat-makers
- Runners and assistants
- Aspiring show hosts and more
- Get job tips on all the best jobs and career opportunities
- Get mentored and find out how to get and keep the best gigs in the music and film industry
- Get to know your favorite artists
- Hear industry success and horror stories from the legends inside the business
- Find out real tips to get hired at your dream job