Your demo reel, aka show reel, aka sizzle reel, is a chance to showcase the caliber of projects you’ve worked on and highlight your expertise.
Here are a few basics:
- Keep it short. Three minutes is usually about as long as you want to make it.
- Lead with your best. Your demo reel is not the only one that is getting viewed. You need to grab the viewer’s attention immediately and then give them reasons to keep watching.
- It’s better to leave them wanting more than giving them more than they want.
- Don’t host your video on a funky server. Vimeo is a good choice. YouTube is fine for hosting as long as you are 100% sure it won’t have ads showing up on it.
Secure Your Invitation To Connected Now
- Electronic musicians, DJs and beat-makers
- Runners and assistants
- Aspiring show hosts and more
- Get job tips on all the best jobs and career opportunities
- Get mentored and find out how to get and keep the best gigs in the music and film industry
- Get to know your favorite artists
- Hear industry success and horror stories from the legends inside the business
- Find out real tips to get hired at your dream job